Daffodils are appearing and asparagus is in season. It must be time for a spring tart!
Made with fresh asparagus, mint, and garden greens, and with plenty of eggs and goat’s feta, this tart can be a complete, protein-rich meal in one. However, you may want to serve it up with a side salad or some roasted baby potatoes too. As there’s no stuffing around with pastry you can make the most of the extra daylight hours too – it can be on the table in under an hour to feed a family of four.
Asparagus, mint and feta tart
You will need:
- 1 large tortilla, preferably wholemeal
- 1 good-sized bunch of asparagus
- A sturdy handful of silverbeet, spinach or kale
- 3 spring onions
- 8 eggs
- About 70g of goat’s feta
- A generous handful of fresh mint
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Prep your veggies by snapping off the stalky parts of the asparagus then slicing them in half lengthways, chopping your greens and mint, and slicing your spring onions.
- Place your tortilla in a greased or lined round baking dish.
- Cook your asparagus in a little oil or butter until seared.
- Add the other vegetables to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Once the veggies have cooled, place them all on top of the tortilla in the baking dish.
- Whisk your eggs and pour them over the veges, then crumble the feta on top.
- Bake for half an hour and enjoy!